Friday, April 25, 2014

Captain Phillips

This was an excellent movie.  Very interesting.  Although I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to like the movie in the beginning, as it was semi difficult for me to understand, I ended up loving it. This was definitely different from the other kinds of movies we've been watching, seeing as this event is very modern.  It embarrasses me to say that I never heard of the pirates attacks of Somalia on ships, and I never heard of this event when it was happening or after.  But knowing about it now amazes me.  This story is fascinating, and it amazes me that this whole ordeal took place in the middle of the ocean.  In the movie, I really liked Captain Phillips, and I did think he was a hero, until I learned that the movie falsely portrayed him. Although the movie was amazing, I feel like it was wrong to portray such an event like this in any way other than what it was.  All of the characters should have been portrayed as they actually were.  That being said, it was a fabulous movie, and very intense, and very educational about this event. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment